Getaways Within a Day
- Fredericksburg, TX (1 hour and 11 minutes) – This small town is famous for its German heritage and cuisine as well as sites along charming Main Street.
- Natural Bridge Caverns (33 minutes) – Explore the otherworldly geologic features of this network of natural caves; the name comes from the 60-foot limestone slab bridge spanning the cave’s entrance. (210) 651-6101
- New Braunfels, TX (35 minutes) – Go kayaking, swimming, or tubing along the Comal River in this quaint Texas Hill Country town.
- Paradise Canyon (41 minutes) – Enjoy kayaking or a lazy river tubing experience on the scenic Medina River within the limits of Paradise Canyon. (830) 751-9911
- San Marcos, TX (51 minutes) – When in San Marcos, don’t miss an opportunity to take a glass-bottom boat ride on the crystal-clear San Marcos River, run by the Meadows Center for Water and the Environment. Explore historic sites and natural wonders including the Rio Vista Dam and the Hays County Historic Courthouse.
- Texas Hill Country – Set out to discover the rolling hills, spring-fed rivers, and charming towns that populate this sprawling rural area outside San Antonio.